Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin...

If you haven't heard the news already, George Carlin passed away last night from heart failure. He was 71 and still too young to die if you ask me. Hubby and I were able to watch one of his shows a few years ago in Des Moines. He was fantastic although he was showing some signs of slowing down. I wish I'd had my glasses back then so I could really see him. As it was he was just an angry, blurry, little man on stage.

This is one of my favorite bits from his "You Are All Diseased" HBO special in '99.



How he ever held a job as Mr. Conductor for the TV show "Shining Time Station" is beyond me. I'm thinking it had to be community service for something or the casting director for the show had a great sense of ironic humor.

George, I know you'd hate the cliche sentiments but you'll be greatly missed. Give them hell wherever you are, man.

No comments: