Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Come Hell or High Water

Hello there Ladies and Gents. I know I've been absent here as of late but I swear I have a good excuse (this time). I don't know how much you folks follow news of the Midwest but a good portion of my state is either highly saturated or underwater. It's been a bit nerve-wracking watching the waters rise in the local river. This is what one of the roads I regularly use looked like on Friday.


And here it is what it looked like yesterday. You can still kinda make out the top of the same road sign.


But good news is that it looks like we're now at the point where things will start returning to normal. Thank goodness. I've been on 24hour flood watch and helped sandbag on Saturday and I'm just generally worn out with all the fretting about what "could have" happened. My thoughts go out to the others who were hit in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Des Moines, and all the other little towns along the way but I need something to take my mind off all that's been going on around here. Something happier. Something like going to see Ladytron tonight in Chicago with Maise and Ro. WhooHoo! Now I need to get my happy ass packing if we're going to make it on time.

Hey Maise...see you in a few hours!

1 comment:

D:ANGEL said...

What a great year for metal.

First came:

TestAmenT's FORMATION OF DAMNATION

then:

Opeth's WATERSHED

and now,

finally...

Judas Priest's NOSTRADAMUS!

Priest is BACK!

If Immortal releases an album this year I will be so happy.

Oh and details on the physical SLIP release are out. If... you know... anyone like, uh, cares about NIN around here.